Sunday, September 06, 2009

Week 36 of year 2009 on the double bass

30 Aug 2009, Sun: Progress was a little slower than I would like due to health reasons. I worked on sight-reading. Afterwhich, I spent time working on Faure's Apres Un Reve, selected passages from Capuzzi's Sonata in G major.

31 Aug 2009, Mon: It seemed helpful to practise on a weekday morning. I worked on the programme for the exams as well as on sight-reading. My main focus was to work on securing a better sense of rhythm. As such, the metronome was the must-have item for the practice. I am in need of a more lyrical line.

2 Sep 2009, Wed: The double bass lesson was brought forward and I felt thankful that my tutor tried to spend time to work on my vibrato technique. I still need time to comprehend how to achieve an effective vibrato technique.

The lesson got me working on Faure's Apres Un Reve and Capuzzi's Concerto in D major.

3 Sep 2009, Thu: I decided to go slow by playing Pachelbel's Canon in D transcribed for the double bass. Time was spent working on the quick study component.

5 Sep 2009, Sat: I practised all the repertoire of my exams' programme with a metronome. I enjoy experiencing the vibrations and the sound of the double bass. In the hope to review my playing, I decided to record it down on a digital recorder.

Some time was spent studying a few of the full scores. Admittedly, while I could read the notes, having never been a pianist, I needed to slowly play out the piano parts so that I could hear what the piano would be playing at certain passages.

Wish me ease and confidence from within please.

No comments: