Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 53



I visited Tony Roma's to try its mashed potato on 16 Aug 2009. I could say that its mashed potato is worth a try. Made from good tasting real potatoes, Tony Roma's mashed potato comes with shreds of cheese and fried bacon bits on its top. These toppings add flavour, colour and texture to the mashed potato and makes it a tasty one. The mashed potato has a buttery flavour, thanks to the dash of butter that's added to it.

I had ordered a take-away mashed potato as I realised I was solely interested in eating the mashed potato and not the other items. A take-away would help free up one space at the restaurant on a busy weekend.

Each serving of mashed potato is $4.90 before taxes. The serving is reasonably small and good enough for one person with a small appetite. For its size, I suppose I would get one serving of mashed potato per person. It is certain not meant to be shared. It makes a good choice as one of the items for a picnic.

May my friend to whom this series of hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore is dedicated to receive the blessings and good wishes that comes with each and every single dedication. With this post, I wish my friend, faith in life.

***
Tony Roma's Singapore

442 Orchard Road #01-04/05
Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade
Singapore 238879
Tel: (65) 6738 8600

3 Temasek Boulevard #B1-007
Suntec City Mall
Singapore 038983
Tel: (65) 6337 9055

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This one looks interesting and I like the additional bacon bits on it though it looks a bit oily. I certainly would want to try.

pinkie said...

Good idea to add fried bacon bits... certainly made it look appetizing! (but could be unhealthy though?)

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: It was a little oily, yet it was certainly interesting and tasty. :)

Pinkie: The portion of this mashed potato was pretty small, so I suppose one could still afford a few grams of fried bacon bits?

tuti said...

looks tasty. i could have that for a meal three times a week. ;p

oceanskies79 said...

Tuti: It was tasty. Look out for more good tasting mashed potato on this blog.