Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 54



It was 22 Aug 2009, and I decided to continue my hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore. A search up the various food directories got me to check out the Uno Beef House.

The mashed potato from Uno Beef House is shaped into a ball, lightly coated with crumbs and lightly fried. It is made of real mashed potato. The sign said that the mashed potato is sold at $0.70 'per additional serving' and since I was too full to have dinner at Uno Beef House, I ordered the apple salad to go with it. I didn't think it was appropriate to just order a mashed potato ball from the stall as the wordings had stated "additional mashed potato at $0.70 each". I figured it would be proper if I had ordered something else in addition to the mashed potato?

The serving of each mashed potato ball may not make a person full, but the taste of the real mashed potato that has a crispy thin outer fried layer gave a delightful texture. Just imagine, crispy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside. In general, I noticed that the mashed potato comes at no additional charge with the most of the grilled items.




By the way, this place is well known for its affordable and delicious Western food.

Please check the map for proper directions before visiting this place. Out of sheer wish to be spontaneous, I did not check the map (which is not the norm for me) and I of course ended up doing a lot of walking (about 45 minutes) just to figure out the exact location of Blk 51 Toa Payoh where Uno Beef House is located.

With this post, I pray that my friend enjoys the joy and good fortune of being spontaneous.

****

UNO BEEF HOUSE
Block 51 Toa Payoh Lorong 5, 01-60
Tel: 9677-6007
Open: 12.30 to 11pm, closed on alternate Wednesdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks and sound absolutely delicious!

and i wanted to say thanks for your HEAROS post. it has continuously brought me customers. :)

-youknowwho! lol.

oceanskies79 said...

-Iknowwho:

You are welcome.
It was delicious. :)

EastCoastLife said...

That's unique! Mashed potato ball. I would like to taste it.

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Yes, it's interesting. Tasty too. Do order more of it. The size is relatively small.