Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 43 of year 2009 on the double bass

18 Oct 2009, Sun: I sight-read study no. 33 and 34 from Yorke Solos for Double Bass Volume 1.

19 Oct 2009, Mon: After practising scales, I worked on a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. After that, in the mood to play more melodic lines, I attempted the first and second movements from Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

21 Oct 2009, Wed: I was given medical leave for the day. I decided to go slow and worked on a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. Afterwhich, I played the first movement from Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

22 Oct 2009, Thu: Much of the double bass lesson was dedicated to working on Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I have a feeling that my tutor was trying to guide me to develop a ear to play a musical phrase in the most musically pleasing way.

No comments: