Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 56



While I was Serangoon Gardens on 21 Sep 2009, I found my way to Bistro @ Gardens. It used to serve mashed potato on its own, but it does not now. This was told to me by one of the staff.

I ordered the Salmon Teriyaki, served with mashed potatoes, seasoned vegetables, and deep fried leek, from Bistro @ The Gardens. It costs $15.90 nett. The mashed potato used is real potato. Using real potato definitely makes a lot of difference to the taste. The taste of it is above-average.

The mashed potato is not the creamy and fine-textured type of mashed potato. Instead, its texture is slightly coarse yet generally smooth. Such a texture gave it a rustic feel that I like. While I find it slightly salty for my preference, (for less salty food) in general, the mashed potatoes here is made with sincerity and care.

I won't mind coming back if this place allows me to order mashed potato on its own. In general, the food here is affordable and of reasonably good quality. By the way, I ordered the mushroom soup, and it is nice.

The Salmon Teriyaki dish with mashed potatoes here tastes way better and is more affordable than the Grilled Norwegian Salmon from The Mussels Guys Seafood & Steak Restaurant.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: lots of caring moments.

Bistro @ The Gardens.
4 Maju Avenue
Serangoon Gardens Estate
Singapore 556682

http://www.bistro.com.sg

2 comments:

Doreen said...

I am puzzled when you mentioned this is made of real potatoes. Most of the mashies there are not real potatoes? They mix it with flour?

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Thanks for your question. I meant to distinguish mashed potatoes whereby the potatoes were mashed from the processed mashed potatoes made from potato flakes. ;)