Thursday, November 12, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 57



I was at the National Museum of Singapore on 29 Aug 2009 (Sun). There was an event titled A Taste of Belgium that was held in conjunction with the exhibition A Story of the Image: Old & New Masters from Antwerp exhibition.

You bet I was excited to try this mashed potato when I realised that "stoemp" was sold at the "A Taste of Belgium" event.

"Stoemp" is a dish in the cuisine of Belgium and the Netherlands. It consists of pureed or mashed potatoes, other root vegetables and can also include cream, bacon, herbs or spices. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoemp). This stoemp contains bits of carrots. The mashed potato is made from real potato, and the inconsistent texture gave it a rustic feel which I quite like. The bits of carrots is soft. It was served not too warm, which I like!

This stoemp was from Brussels Sprouts Pte Ltd which took part in the event. Each serving costs $5 at the event. According to http://www.brusselssprouts.com.sg, the daily stoemp would costs $6.50 per serving before taxes at the Brussels Sprouts restaurant.

Frankly speaking, I don't think my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to may like the stoemp that I had at the event. I remember that my friend does not like to eat carrots. Whatever it is, I wish my friend: persistence to be true to oneself.

***
BRUSSELS SPROUTS
80 Mohamed Sultan Road #01-12
The Pier@Robertson
Singapore 239013

Tel: +65 6887 4344
http://www.brusselssprouts.com.sg

4 comments:

pinkie said...

tat's kinda healthy to have carrots in the mashed potatoes :) no brown sauce at all right?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Yes, this stoemp isn't served with brown sauce.

EastCoastLife said...

You still looking for the best mashed potato in Singapore?

Maybe you want to try mine homecooked one. :P

Let's make it one day, my house. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Yes, I am. Sounds interesting to be able to try your homecooked mashed potato.