Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 59



On 13 Sep 2009, in search for the best mashed potato in Singapore, I ended at Chili's Restaurant located at Tanglin Mall. I ordered the Loaded Mashed Potatoes.

Chili's also serves Mashed Potatoes with Black Pepper Gravy. I shall consider trying it another time.

Each serving of the Loaded Mashed Potatoes costs $5.90 before taxes. The loaded mashed potatoes has a chunky texture. It is not very creamy, and is slightly drier in texture than the mashed potato from Tony Roma's. The loaded mashed potato here has a nice earthy potato taste. It's topped with bacon bits and cheese. These toppings enhanced the taste of the dish. The mashed potato contains bits of potato-skin which added a country-like rugged feel to the dish.

I won't mind going back to have this Loaded Mashed Potatoes again.

By the way, I had the loaded mashed potatoes with the Guiltless Chicken with Pita. It's consider ''guiltless' because the chicken is grilled and the ingredients used contain comparatively lesser calories. The pita is good. I don't eat pita very often but this pita is the best that I have eaten by far!

I send my blessings to my friend whom this hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore is dedicated to. Good luck and joy!



***
Chili's Restaurant
#02-23 Tanglin Mall,
163 Tanglin Road,
Singapore 247933

No comments: