Friday, November 27, 2009

Lunch with Mystic

Cherry Jubilee


To thank my friend for her invaluable help, I had invited Mystic to lunch at Le Aranda.

Mystic is a marvellous person at searching for information. I suppose she has found out about my quest for the best mashed potato in Singapore and so she was very thoughtful to do some search so as to lend me some leads. She found out that Le Aranda serves mashed potato and we decided to head there for lunch.

The ambience there was good. I like the music. Mystic seems to like the elegant decor of the restaurant. Service was great too.

We had the semi-buffet lunch. It comes with free-flow of salads and soup, and a choice of a main course, a dessert and a choice of either coffee or tea.


Pan Fried Salmon with Saffron Sauce, with mashed potato and garden vegetables


I shall hold my review of the mashed potato for the moment. In short, it is worth a consideration if one is dining at Le Aranda. Mystic, who has high expectations for food, seemed pleased with the food there.I like the carrot soup and had to be mindful not to over-indulge in it. The bread was nice too. Mystic sang praises of the salad with the house dressing.

I believe the photos that you see here were taken by Mystic. Her passion for good food seems to bestow her a gift in food-photography.

Many thanks to Mystic for her help, and for her company over lunch.

***
Le Aranda
Aranda Country Club
60 Pasir Ris Drive 3
Singapore 519497

Tel: (65) 6585 1770

No comments: