Sunday, November 08, 2009

Week 45 of year 2009 on the double bass



1 Nov 2009, Sun: I started off with playing scales followed by sight-reading a couple of studies. The rest of the practice was spent playing Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I needed clearer goals for my practices.

2 Nov 2009, Mon: The practice was therapeutic. I played a study and worked on improving intonation and the tone of sound. Subsequently, I decided to focus on having fun playing clear and well-articulated short strokes while playing the second movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

4 Nov 2009, Wed: The practice was therapeutic yet again. It was the vibrations and deep resonating sound of the double bass that had soothed. I worked on two studies to improve intonation and articulation. Afterwhich, I played the first, second and third movements of Eccles' Sonata in g minor. More work is needed to refine the phrasing.

5 Nov 2009, Thu: My tutor demonstrated how I could play the triple stops from the second movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor. In the night, I worked on the second movement of the sonata.

7 Nov 2009, Sat: I did a reading of the fourth movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor at a fairly moderate tempo so as to have an idea how it would sound like. This will be what I will working on in greater depth for the next few weeks to come.

***
The good news of the week is that I have learnt that I have passed The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, Music Performance Diploma, Double Bass. I am deeply thankful to the many people who have given me guidance, support and encouragement. Thank you very much.

1 comment:

tuti said...

congratulations py.
all the hard work paid off!
this is very good news.
are you planning on going further? this is pretty far already.
my take would be to forge ahead. don't lose the momentum. you will be a step nearer to getting your dream job, especially if you're armed with more certs. ;)