Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 46 of year 2009 on the double bass

8 Nov 2009, Sun: The practice started out with a sight-reading of a study. Afterwhich, I continued to work at a moderate tempo the last movement from Eccles' Sonata in g minor. Much of the time was spent practising the first half of the movement, ensuring clear articulation, steady rhythm and good intonation.

9 Nov 2009, Mon: I played the first, second and part of the last movements from Eccles' Sonata in g minor. Music-making is therapeutic. I felt a sense of relief.

11 Nov 2009, Wed: For the pleasure of playing music, I worked on two studies, played the first movement from Capuzzi's Concerto in D major and the first to third movements from Eccles' Sonata in g minor. There could have been more focus. Nevertheless, the practice had indeed brought me a sense of pleasure and relief.

12 Nov 2009, Thu: I worked on the first half of the fourth movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor at a moderate tempo so as to work out the fingerings and the shifts in positions.

No comments: