Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 48 of year 2009 on the double bass

22 Nov 2009, Sun: I continued working on Bottesini's Method for Double Bass, Part Two (Yorke Edition) to improve the intonation. Afterwhich, I worked on the first and fourth movements of Eccles'Sonata in g minor.

23 Nov 2009, Mon: I continued to practise the first study from Method for Double Bass, Part Two (Yorke Edition). Intonation is better and I was working on improving the tone quality.

That was followed by playing the first movement from Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. I focused more on intonation.

Afterwhich, I worked on improving the left hand technique for the last movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I also played the first movement of the sonata.

25 Nov 2009, Wed: I worked on G major scale. In addition, I practised the first and second exercises from Method for Double Bass, Part Two (Yorke Edition). Intonation is improving. There are still more to work on in terms of the tone quality.

Thank goodness that Eccles' Sonata in g minor is interesting enough for me to keep working on it for the past few weeks. I worked on the last, third and first movements. My fingers seem more familiar with where they could place themselves on the fingerboard with regular practices.

26 Nov 2009, Thu: I worked on the study from Method for Double Bass, Part Two (Yorke Edition). I still have much to work on improving the tone quality produced. Afterwhich, I worked on improving intonation as I practised the last movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor at a moderate tempo.

27 Nov 2009, Fri: When I needed a mood lightened, playing the double bass helped to provide relief and the outlet of expression. I spent some time working on Eccles' Sonata in g minor and afterwhich, played on the double bass spontaneously whatever tune came to my heart.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

You must have improved quite a lot since the last time you played solo for me. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Thank you for your compliments. :)