Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 61


It was 28 Aug 2009 (Fri), I ended up at Ilmaz Western stall at Blk 728 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 coffeeshop. This is a stall selling halal Western food. It was the Ramandan period, and the person at the stall asked if I could wait for him to prepare the food for the Muslims to break fast first. I gladly agreed.

I ordered a hot-plate grill chicken. It comes with vegetables, fries and mashed potato. The mashed potato was average in terms of its taste. The sauce used was the black pepper sauce that came with the grill chicken. This place doesn't seem to serve mashed potato on its own. The hot plate grill chicken costs $6 per serving.

I waited close to an hour for my dinner, and while I was waiting, I decided to read a book so that at least I could have food for the mind and the soul. I experienced hunger while waiting. Anyway, reading the book has helped me manage the feelings of hunger and enabled me to wait graciously. I suppose the long wait was because there was only one person working at the stall yet there were a lot of orders that evening.

That evening, I had a first-hand experience of hunger. I felt grateful having food to eat when the food was finally served.

While I don't think I would go back to Ilmaz Western food just for its mashed potato, I won't mind going there for the Western food if I don't have to wait so long for the food.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of post is dedicated to: lots of lovely things and people in life to be grateful for.

3 comments:

pinkie said...

The presentation is good, somewhat like what's offered at Jack's Place.

oceanskies79 said...

YEs, a good presentation.

EastCoastLife said...

Gosh, you waited an hour for your meal. I don't like to wait more than 30 mins for my food. :P