Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 62



On 25 Sep 2009, I was at Cafe Cartel. I've found out that Cafe Cartel serves mashed potato with some of its main courses. However, I didn't like to try many of its main courses when I was there on 25 Sep 2009 as I did not want to eat red meat and anything that was fried that day. So I asked if I can have a special order of one serving of mashed potato, and was pleasantly delighted that Cafe Cartel allows for that!

One serving of specially ordered mashed potato costs $2 before taxes. The mashed potato has a fluffy, fine and smooth texture. From the taste of the mashed potato, it appears that real mashed potatoes were used to make this dish. I wonder how the mashed potato could be made so fine. This is a mashed potato that I won't mind having again if I were to dine at Cafe Cartel.

The brown sauce is slightly on the salty side, and it left a 'dry' aftertaste. However, overall, that was still bearable.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: pleasant surprises to cheer the day.

***
Cafe Cartel's website: http://www.cafecartel.com.sg

5 comments:

Bath said...

Thank you for your posting. I really enjoyed it.
Bathmate

pinkie said...

$2 per serving is reasonable...

EastCoastLife said...

Wow, you have been to 62 eateries that sell mashed potato.

I have eaten at Cafe Cartel, I like their mashed potato and ribs. :)

kyh said...

I really really miss mashed potato. Sg seems to have many places serving this dish!

oceanskies79 said...

Bathmate: Thank you for enjoying the posts.

Pinkie: It is indeed.

Eastcoastlife: I am now in need of more leads for mashed potato. Looks like Cafe Cartel is one of your favourite places to dine in.

kyh: I hope this series of posts help satisfy your craving for mashed potato.

Actually, I am now in need of leads for mashed potato in Singapore, especially the good ones.