Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 63



I surfed the internet to look for leads for good mashed potato in Singapore, and found out that Oomphatico serves mashed potato. When I visited Oomphatico on 26 Sep 2009, I ordered the mashed potato with feta.

One serving of this costs $5 before tax. Real mashed potato was used, and its texture is of a fine, smooth and compact nature. The mashed potato has cubes of feta cheese in it. The feta adds a flavoursome tinge of delightful sour taste to the mashed potato dish. Interesting the feta is chewy when chewed, and it melts in the mouth with time. I think the feta went well with the mashed potato in terms of taste, and colour. I think lovers of mashed potato and cheese would like this one for its simple yet sincere presentation and recipe.

After reviewing mashed potato from about 60 different establishment, I felt I needed guidance to learn the necessary vocabulary to better describe the mashed potato that I have eaten. Does anyone know any such experts and could recommend to me please?

In the meantime, to my friend whom this series of posts is dedicated to, I wish you blissful moments each and every day.

***
Oomphatico's
163 Tanglin Road
#01-35 Tanglin Mall
Singapore 247933

http://www.oomphaticos.com

4 comments:

kyh said...

Another yummy post! Makes me hungry. I still haven't had my brunch, LOL!

oceanskies79 said...

kyh: It looks like I have gotten you hooked on my mashed potato posts?

I hope you have had your fill by now?

May the good will and wishes that come with each and every posts of this series bring joy and delight to you.

kyh said...

Thank you, dear! Yes, I love mashed potato. In fact, I love all sorts of potato dishes! :)

oceanskies79 said...

Kyh: If you have the chance to, perhaps you could even start your own quest for the best potato dishes in the locality that you are based in?