Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 60



The quest for the best mashed potato has evolved to such an extent that often when I feel the yearning to send good wishes to my friend, I would often be inspired to look for mashed potato to review. May the best wishes and positive vibes reach my friend.

I was at Bishan on 26 Oct 2009 and I searched the entire Junction 8 for mashed potato. I had tried the one at Cafe Cartel and that seemed to be the only food outlet in Junction 8 that serves mashed potato. So I continued walking and I ended at the food centre (GM Food Centre) that was above the Bishan Bus-interchange.

There was a humble-looking Western food stall named "Robin's food experience". Someone blogged about this stall here.

I found out that the daily potatoes for the day was mashed potato! Of course, I had to order one! Each serving costs $2.

The cook was so lovely that he made mashed potato for me from the very scratch. I have a serving of mashed potato that was made with care and thoughtfulness. The mashed potato has a generally smooth, creamy and fine texture.

The sauce has an interesting colour. My tastebuds sensed that the sauce was made with some kind of vegetable broth added to it. It seemed that there were traces of carrots in it from the colour of the broth. However I can't be certain on this. The sauce was just right: not too salty nor sweet. For its affordable price, this mashed potato is worth checking out. I hope that this stall prosper in terms of its business. Food establishments like this who care about making quality food ought to enjoy good business.

The daily potatoes from Robin's food experience are also served with grilled items.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: thoughtful people who add delights to the day.

***
Robin's food experience
GM Food Centre
Above the Bishan Bus-interchange

4 comments:

kyh said...

This portion looks big! Kinda juicy-lookin too. Thx for making me drool for yet another time. :P

oceanskies79 said...

kyh: There will be still several more mashed potato posts to come. If I get more leads, I shall add them to my quest.

The mashed potato here is worth considering for its price.

EastCoastLife said...

My wishes for you,
Great start for Jan,
Love for Feb,
Peace for March,
No worries for April,
Fun for May,
Joy for June to Nov,
Happiness for Dec,
Have a lucky and wonderful 2010, PY!

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Thank you very much for your wishes.