Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week 50 of year 2009 on the double bass

6 Dec 2009, Sun: I worked on few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass, Part One (Yorke Edition) in the hope of improving technique. Thereafter, I practised the third and fourth movements from Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

9 Dec 2009, Wed: I practised the third and fourth movements from Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

11 Dec 2009, Fri: During double bass lesson, my tutor got me to play several studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass, Part One (Yorke Edition). I was told that if I could work steadily on the studies, that would help me to improve hnique in time to come.

I continued to work on the Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I wish I could play as well as my tutor one day. The way to do so is to practise and practise well.

12 Dec 2009, Sat: I played selected passages from Marcello's Sonata in G major, Capuzzi's Concerto in D, Faure's Apres Un Reve and the fourth movement from Eccles' Sonata in g minor.

I shall have a break from my regular double bass practices for the next two weeks.

No comments: