Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 65



I was having a craving for mashed potato on 8 Oct 2009. Remembering that Tierney's Gourmet at Serene Centre serves mashed potato, I headed there. I ordered the chicken and vegetable stew with mashed potato. This costs $4.50.

I don't seem to see mashed potato being sold on its own at Tierney's Gourmet. The mashed potato there has a soft, smooth and creamy texture. I like its not-salty taste. The mashed potato went quite well with the stew. At the very least, while the mashed potato is not the best in Singapore, it is better in taste than the mashed potato from Mad Jack's Cafe that is located nearby.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of post is dedicated to: wonderful opportunities to travel to various parts of the world.

***
Tierney's Gourmet
Serene Centre
10 Jalan Serene #02-01,
Singapore 258748

5 comments:

pinkie said...

just wondering... having tasted so many mashed potatoes in Singapore, why not give each a rating?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: I have considered giving rating, but I reckon it can get a bit biased so I have tried to summarise where to find the better mashed potatoes in Singapore here.

Furthermore, this series was written in the hope that one of my friends could have a better gauge where to find good mashed potato in Singapore.

pinkie said...

oh tat was a good summary. Giving it a rating is definitely based on your taste, readers will know. :)

EastCoastLife said...

After trying so much mashed potato, you can still crave for it!? :P

oceanskies79 said...

eastcoastlife: There are times when I do have a craving for mashed potato. One of the reasons that contribute to me feeling an urge to try mashed potato was written in the post published last week.

I am now in need of new leads.