Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 68



On 4 Oct 2009, I was craving for mashed potato and I found my way to Bugis Junction's area. I headed for the Fisherios Fish N Chips located at Basement One. I ordered a set meal of a beer battered Mexican Fish, if I remember the name of the dish correctly.

Anyway, this review is about the mashed potato. The mashed potato from Fisherios Fish N Chips will cost $1.90 on its own. It has a compact, fine and soft texture. Generally, the brown sauce that came with it gave the mashed potato an overall peppery taste. I have found its taste rather average. I don't think I will return to Fisherios Fish N Chips for the mashed potato. There are a few much better options for good mashed potato located nearby.

As for the beer battered fish, I realised that it wasn't a good idea for folks like myself who generally don't drink beer to order the beer battered fish. I just couldn't seem to like the tinge of beer flavour.

Whatever it is, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: positive learning opportunities.

****
Fisherios Fish N Chips
200 Victoria Street #B1-k15 Bugis Junction

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Beer battered fish? Emm....sounds interesting and yummy. Haven't try something like this before.

kyh said...

Somehow I dislike the taste of mustard. It just tastes too weird to me.

The mashed potato looks nice as always. :)

EastCoastLife said...

I have had beer-battered fish and there was no taste of beer. Not supposed to have the beer taste, right?

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Maybe you could cook your own beer battered fish when you get the recipe?

kyh: Ah. Now I know you like mashed potato but not mustard.

Eastcoastlife: The beer-battered fish did have a bitter taste of beer....at least to me....