Sunday, January 03, 2010

Week 51 and 52 of year 2009 on the double bass

I have been taking three weeks of break from the double bass. I may have miscalculated the weeks of the year. Somehow, I seem to have unknowingly an extra week. Anyway, for the last week of the year 2009, I decided to take some time to practise the following:

27 Dec 2009, Sun: I practised Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I was pleasantly surprised that after two full weeks of break from practising, my fingers could still recognise where to place themselves on. I also worked on few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass, Part One (Yorke Edition). Perhaps a break did help one to recharge?

Anyway, I am contemplating whether to continue or to stop this double bass practice log in the year 2010. I may just have a private practice log instead? The goal of practising regular remains.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

3 weeks is a long break, hope you have gone back to your routine. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Dear Eastcoastlife: I am. From what I gather from my double bass lessons, what I need is time set aside to practise.