Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 71



I visited Lava Rock Grill House on 23 Nov 2009, and decided to try its mashed potato with gravy which I had not tried when I was there a few months ago. I had tried its mashed potato salad in May.

The mashed potato with gravy from Lava Rock Grill House is served warm, unlike the mashed potato salad. The mashed potato with gravy has a more gluey texture. I quite like its fairly earthy potato taste. The serving is small yet sufficient for one person as a side-dish. I ordered this mashed potato with gravy as a side-dish to the Tangerine Chicken. The gravy is quite moderate in its taste, and is worth to be considered as a side-dish.

The Tangerine Chicken costs $5.90 per set and comes with two side dishes and a choice of either rice or fries.

While I may not come back to Lava Rock Grill House specifically for its mashed potato, it's mashed potato is still worth a try.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to optimism.

****
Lava Rock Grill House.
Blk 681 Hougang Avenue 8
#01-853 Guan Soon Cherng Coffeeshop

No comments: