Thursday, February 25, 2010

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 72





On 27 Nov 2009 (Fri), I visited Le Aranda with one of my good friends, Mystic. Le Aranda was serving a semi-buffet lunch that day at $20++ per person. It comes with one main course (choices available) and free flow of salads and soup.

I ordered a Pan Fried Salmon with Saffron Sauce, served with mashed potato and garden vegetables.

The mashed potato has a densed and compact texture. It has a garlic taste to it. It did not have much pepper taste to it. While I won't travel to Le Aranda specially for the mashed potato, this mashed potato is worth a try for anyone interested in French cuisine at Le Aranda. Many thanks to Mystic for her wonderful company over the lunch.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: success.


Le Aranda Restaurant
Aranda Country Club
60 Pasir Ris Drive 3

2 comments:

Richard Yap said...

Just curious in the end is there really a "Best" mashed potato? Is there one that I must try before I die?

oceanskies79 said...

Richard: I have summarised the findings of part of my quest here.

In addition, Chili's serves nice mashed potato too. As for what is really the best, I think it depends on the person's preferences. Some prefer their mashed potato dry, others prefer it with cheese, some prefer it creamy, others prefer it with brown sauce.