Saturday, April 17, 2010

PY's gratefuls

I am inspired by the post entitled Gratitude and Action – A Recipe For True Happiness by Katie, I make a list of the things that I am grateful for now:

1) I am grateful for having my basic physical needs for food, shelter and water met.

2) I am grateful for my parents who show their love for the family by ensuring that there's electricity and water in the household, and a generally clean enough home environment.

3) I am grateful for the recent time spent with long-time friends to reconnect. For example, this evening, I had the pleasure and honour to catch up with long-time friends, WL and SB.

4) I am grateful for a dedicated double bass tutor who constantly inspires me with his passion for music and the lovely music that he plays on the double bass.

5) I am grateful for the opportunities, during the course of my work, to facilitate growth in the people whom I work with.

6) I am grateful for two wonderful brothers who are generally peaceful and respectfully.

7) I am grateful for many good friends who will provide me with support, validation and encouragement during the times of need.

8) I am grateful for the opportunity to be educated. Being able to read and write opens me to more opportunities to learn about life. I would think that being educated is one of the things that I am most grateful for.

9) I am grateful for the fact that I am human being, to be able to feel emotions: happiness, interest, sadness, anger, fear, shame, disgust and etc. While admittedly I feel vulnerable to express and be in touch with these emotions, I suppose these emotions helped me be a human being and not a robot. I am grateful too that I am getting better and better at regulating my emotions over the years.

10) I am grateful for my maternal grandmother whom I know loves me and her other grandchildren unconditionally.

11) I am grateful for being blessed to work with colleagues who are generally understanding, compassionate and most kind to me.

12) I am grateful that I have made the time to travel to various parts of my own country, Singapore, and to know more about it, possibly more than most of my peers.

13) I am grateful for the opportunities to be of service to people, particularly doing things that I love which include some of these:
- facilitating growth in people
- music making
- sketch
- write
- share about how the Myers Briggs Type Indicator can promote self-understanding and understanding of others
- share glimpses of Singapore's history and ways to explore Singapore
- be there to lend a listening ear, or simply my presence
- organising information and concepts
- gives ideas

14) I am grateful to be alive.

15) I am grateful for you, readers, who offer your encouragements and validations by your lovely comments and visitation.

4 comments:

tuti said...

you make a good human being, py! )

EastCoastLife said...

I'm so grateful for having such a wonderful friend like you. Thank you for your concern, your gifts, your greeting cards, your heart-warming messages, your music.
May you be showered with lots of blessings wherever you go.

oceanskies79 said...

Tuti: Thank you. Each of us is doing our best to become a better human being with each passing day.

Eastcoastlife: Thank you for your blessings, guidance and care. It's my honour and pleasure to have a friend in you.

pinkie said...

Good to give thanks and be grateful for little things we have... thanks for sharing :)