Saturday, April 09, 2011

A week to be grateful and thankful for

This is a week to be grateful for. Here I share the positive vibes of gratitude with you.



Last evening's chamber concert at the Singapore Art Museum was a great success. There was a great turnout and I have enjoyed the performances put up by the many musicians. While I did not perform, I have had a meaningful time helping out with the collection of donations in aid of the Japan disaster relief.

A deep heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed in one way or another. Most importantly, I believe the music performed at last evening's concert has served to touch lives and hearts.


**


In one of my posts in Mar 2011, I was hoping to make a visit to Sydney yet again to sketch beautiful Sydney.

Thanks to Cooler Insights' sharing, I learnt from the blog Alvinology about the We Heart Sydney campaign and the "100 Things that make Sydney so... Sydney" contest. This is a contest to win a Sydney holiday and a Canon Digital Ixus camera. It is open to Singapore residents. Participants would just have to share what they think makes an awesome Sydney experience and the most creative submissions could stand a chance to win a Sydney holiday and a Canon Digital Ixus camera!

To share what I think makes an awesome Sydney experience and in the hope to win a visit to Sydney, I have submitted a number of entries to this contest. I am humbled to share that one of my entries have been selected to be the third winner of the contest. A Sydney holiday and a Canon Digital Ixus camera. Thank you for your votes, encouragement and moral support!

Here's my winning entry:

Sculpture by the Sea.
Water breaks over the rocks of Bondi. The wind blows with might. On the  rocky and sandy beaches of Bondi, one is treated to beautiful sculptures  by the sea. See the coastal area of Bondi being transformed to an artistic space in this annual event.  Sydney equals sculptures, sea and a creative story.

If you would like to win a visit to Sydney and you fulfill the entry criteria, here's your chance: Visit We Heart Sydney. Hurry, this is the last fortnight of this contest. I remember the contest ends 10 Apr 2011.


**



On 6 Apr 2011, thanks to the wonderful team at I Love Museums and the Heritage Conservation Centre, I visited the Heritage Conservation Centre along Jurong Port Road. It was a place that I had wanted to visit for a longest of time but had yet to until 6 Apr 2011. As such, I was grateful to be invited for the visit.

I was so excited to see some of my favourite artists' works at the Heritage Conservation Centre. Here is sharing a post on my visit: Surprises and learnings at the Heritage Conservation Centre.

 **

Taken from: Art Science Museum's website.

I was invited for an exclusive preview of "Van Gogh Alive – The Exhibition" held at the Art Science Museum. Van Gogh has been one of my favourite artists and I have been looking forward to catch this very exhibition when it opens on 16 Apr 2011 to 6 Nov 2011. You reckon I was very excited when I received the invitation and I was trying my best to stay calm. Many thanks to the Art Science Museum for this privileged invitation. I was told that this exhibition presents Van Gogh's artistic journey through a unique fusion of art and audio visual technology.


**

Photo credit: Eastcoastlife

A week ago, I learnt that I'm the lucky winner of a HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One C310a. Many thanks to fellow blogger, eastcoastlife, and HP for making this contest possible.

**

There are many other things in life to be grateful about. For example, an inspiring double bass lesson with my tutor, my first lesson in learning to sight-read rhythms, patient and kind friends and colleagues who offered help and kindness when needed. In addition, I have to compliment the kindness of two lovely teenage girls who saw me dropped my stored-valued ez-link (travelling) card and went the extra mile to pick it up, catch up with me, and returned it to me. I am impressed by their actions.

I suppose even in a period when I have been feeling pretty vulnerable and often in need of help to cope better, life has its kind and caring ways to nudge me to see the lovely things in life that I can be grateful for. Our tasks are to keep our hearts and minds open to be aware of these lovely things in life which we could be grateful for.

As such, I hope you will too find people, events and things to be grateful for, no matter what circumstances you are going through. These give hope and faith to press forward.

So I end this post with a Big Thank You.
Best wishes.

4 comments:

tuti said...

congrats, py, on the australian contest.
sorry i didn't go to the museum. i would've walked over but it coincided with what my store is currently going through. we're super busy with some stuffs at that very timing.

oceanskies79 said...

Tuti: Thank you for sharing the joy.
No worries about the concert last night at the museum. Please take good care.

EastCoastLife said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your HP printer and also your trip to Sydney. You deserve them. :)

goldilocks said...

=) what a great time. enjoy.