Sunday, May 29, 2011

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 76

Meatballs with mashed potato. $9.90 each.

It has been a long while ever since I have had added new entries to this series of posts on my quest for the best mashed potato in Singapore. One of the reasons was that I did not chance upon any unexplored establishment that serves good enough mashed potato. The other reason was that for health reasons, I have cut down on my intake of potato.



Anyway, recently I chanced upon a place that serves good tasting mashed potato of restaurant standard and yet with a coffee-shop price. This food establishment is located in a cosy neighbourhood in Yishun, Singapore. The mashed potato that was used was very tasty and most apt for mashed potato. This mashed potato is similar to "stoemp" in that it contains slices of onions and carrots. I thought that this was a great idea because the carrots and onions added a sweet taste and a special texture to the mashed potato. For those who do not like carrots and/or onions, please consider changing your side to fries or garlic rice when you visit this stall.

Fish & Chips, with the fries being replaced by the mashed potato. $7.50 each.

The brown sauce was thoughtfully done and complemented the mashed potato nicely. I will visit this food establishment again for the mashed potato.



The rest of the food served at Oui Oui the Food Stall is also delicious and thoughtfully made. This is a place for restaurant standard European cuisine at an affordable coffee-shop price. As of the date of publication, this food stall offers a bowl of free mushroom soup for every dine-in customers who order a main-course.


Here is another review on this food stall to refer to:
Foodspotting: Creamy Pesto Seafood Pasta @ Chong Pang Market and Food Centre.

With this post, I wish my friend whom this series of posts is dedicate to interesting surprises. Perhaps it has come to a time when I know I do not have to write a specific wish for this friend, for thankfully, we are all in the good hands of the universe, and everything shall work out for the better.

***
Oui Oui the Food Stall
Blk 101 Yishun Ave 5
#01-01
Singapore 760101


Note (Updated on 13 Jul 2011): This stall is no longer in operation at Blk 101 Yishun Ave 5. Does anyone know where it has moved to?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard the stall owner had some dispute with his ex-employer for copying the menu, then some legal issue had been raised. So close down.

oceanskies79 said...

The cooking is really good whatever the reason for the closure.

Anonymous said...

Ya...very nice especially the Pork Kunckle...Hope the owners quickly open a new shop and let us know..

bw said...

any update guys? i went there last week and its closed...

oceanskies79 said...

bw: I am very sorry. I have not found where it has moved to yet.... if you do, let me know please.

Anonymous said...

Still no news, guys?

oceanskies79 said...

I am sorry, there is no update.