Sunday, October 03, 2010

China 2010


Concluding, my trip to Shanghai, Wuxi, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Xitang Water Town and of course, the World Expo 2010 was a trip that gave me a glimpse of China's rich heritage and history. I realised I have more to learn about the Chinese heritage and history. The trip has also allowed me to get a glimpse of the advanced progress that China has made. In fact, compared to Singapore, China indeed has a wealth of resources and talents.

It seemed that I personally prefer free-and-easy tours. Yet, group tours have their benefits as it minimises a lot of planning on my end.

For the convenience of browsing, here are all the related links on my 8-days tour to parts of China, namely Wuxi, Suzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou, and Shanghai. Thank you for joining me on this visual recall of my trip.

Snapshots from my visit to World Expo 2010 
What makes Germany Pavilion draw the crowd
The Singapore Pavilion
Some reflections on visiting World Expo 2010
Reaching Shanghai 
A day in Wuxi
The beautiful gardens of Suzhou
More of Suzhou
Nanjing, full of history
A bit more of Nanjing
A delicious lunch at Waipojia, Hangzhou
The Beautiful West Lake of Hangzhou
Longjing Tea Plantation
Dongpo meat and more
Xitang Water Town
The mesmerising Bund of Shanghai
A Visit to Shanghai World Financial Centre
Hong Zi Ji and more food
The visit to Madame Tussauds Shanghai
ERA
The evening near Chenghuang Temple
Qibao Old Town



In the meantime, I shall prepare for my wish to travel to Port Stephens and to Europe to materialise soon enough.

5 comments:

tuti said...

great to know that you had a good and enlightening trip to china. i wish you more travels!

eastcoastlife said...

You won't know how great China is until you visit it.

How lovely! You are going to Europe! *envy*

eastcoastlife said...

You should see more of the world and travel more since you are still single. Have fun!

oceanskies79 said...

Tuti: Thank you very much for your encouragement and wishes. :)

Eastcoastlife: I know that there's still a lot of China to be explored. I hope one day someone would teach me how I can travel about various parts of the world and making a great living out of it.

I meant to say that I intend to travel about Europe, and I am hoping that somehow I could work out how to finance the trip, enable me to learn and to contribute while I am there.

kyh said...

Travelling to Europe is cheaper than say, last year, since the Euro has dropped 25% in its value. But to us Asians, it's still an expensive continent. I wish to make a trip there one day too, esp the least-explored regions of Eastern Europe. :)

China is a vast country, and I hope to make it there too. Ah so many places to put into my wishlist! :P