|Ponte Vecchio over River Arno, Florence, Italy, on the left of the photo.|
This October (7 - 17 Oct 2011), I visited Italy on a group-tour package provided by one of the tour agencies in Singapore. My intention was to be in Italy to experience and to appreciate the architecture in parts of Italy as well as the natural landscape.
Please find a list of the posts that I have written regarding this visit to Italy:
- Milan: Cosmopolitan and stylish
- Venice, the waterborne city
- More of Venice
- Tuscany: The Florence Walking Tour
- Cinque Terre: an UNESCO world heritage site
- Pisa: The glorious Pisa
- Assisi: The beauty of a medieval town
- Assisi: The memorable Roseo Hotel Assisi
- Pompeii: The UNESCO heritage site
- Capri Island tour
- Imagine Sorrento
- The Vatican City Tour
- Rome City Tour
- Glimpse of the food from Italy
- Flowers from Italy to cheer
- Charming Naples
Special thanks to my travel-mate for her patience throughout the trip. My thanks to our coach driver, the attentive tour-manager and the knowledgeable tour-guides. I was grateful that our tour group had generally enjoyed good weather and great hospitality throughout our stay in Italy.
It was an enriching experience to be in Italy. When I was younger, I had deemed it as one of my favourite countries in the world that I would like to visit. I was attracted to its seemingly rich history and the interesting 'shoe' shape of the outline of this country. I hope to visit Italy and the rest of Europe again.