Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A visit to the ArtScience Museum: Traveling the Silk Road


Life often present moments that we can be grateful for. Late last month, I was planning to visit the ArtScience Museum on 20 Mar 2011 because I had wanted to see the Traveling the Silk Road: Ancient Pathway to the Modern World exhibition before it concludes on 27 Mar 2011 in Singapore.

By a sheer moment of goodwill, a few days before my planned visit to the ArtScience Museum, I received an invitation for a complimentary visit to the ArtScience Museum. The only request was to write about my experience, which I would have anyway gladly done so.

What makes this exhibition on the Silk Road worth a consideration? What could have made the Silk Road possibly one of the most treasured networks in history? I hope my post, One of the most treasured networks: The Silk Road could shed some light.

Many thanks to Shaun from the National Heritage Board and the ArtScience Museum  for the invitation. Many thanks to our wonderful host in Wendy from the ArtScience Museum too. It was a memorable experience.

2 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

I am planning to visit the ArtScience Museum too. Jaymes, suprisingly, has requested to visit it. *my eyes open wide at his request*

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Eastcoastlife, I hope Jaymes and you have had the chance to visit this museum.