Sunday, May 06, 2012

Grateful for a lunch with a good friend at Gobi


The fast pace of urban life makes time with good friends more precious. I am feeling grateful for a comforting lunch with a good friend , JY, at Gobi. It was my first visit to Gobi. My gratitude to  JY for the wonderful company and treat at Gobi. JY has been most kind to lend her ears and support when needed.

Born from the love for desserts and sweet nothings, Gobi is most well-known for its "disturbing delightful desserts". Gobi's desserts, at least the Soufflé with Crème Anglaise that I had tried, are delightful, though I cannot find anything "disturbing" about its desserts. As such, I would like to think that Gobi's tagline is possibly just a way to capture the attention of the dessert lovers.




The grilled vegetable salad was refreshing and the baked miso salmon was served in an interesting fashion with spinach and carrot puree.

The photographs of the food shall remind me of a delightful lunch with a good friend. If you ask me about my reviews, I shall say, go for the souffle. After all, Gobi is known for its desserts.


Gobi
350 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore 427598
Closed on Mondays.
http://www.gobi.com.sg

1 comment:

eastcoastlife said...

It's in Joo Chiat!? So near to my house. OK, I shall go there for desserts. :)