Thursday, July 01, 2010

Read: What is Your Life's Work

What Is Your Life's Work?
-Answer the Big Question About What Really Matters
And Reawaken the Passion for What Your Do
Author: Bill Jensen
Publisher: HarperCollins


Reflecting on my endeavour to read at least one book a month, it was a realistic target that has gotten me to read on a regular basis. I am thankful that I have gotten myself started in the very first place.

In this book, readers get to read the work of sixty-four diarists (if I've figured it correctly) who gnerously share their reflections about what they think really matters at work. Most of these diarists wrote their reflections in the form of letters addressed to a loved ones. The diarists (letter-writers) have to write their letters based on some guidelines such as being truthful, being themselves, being specific, tell stories, be vulnerable, to describe how they wrestle with tough work/life choices.

The book was a good read overall. I suppose the greater challenge would be to accept the author's invitation to take the time to dwell in silence and thought, think deeply about, and to pen down what really matters to me.

For now, what I would need would be good health, wise guidance, a inspirational leap of faith and moral support. Wish me best of luck please.

No comments: