Thursday, April 25, 2013

Read: The Moon Shines Out of the Dark

Source: Stephanie Dowrick's website.

Illustrator: Anne Spudvilas

It has been a while ever since I have read a children's book, more so a book for preschool children. I was prompted to read this book simply because it was written by Stephanie Dowrick and I was curious how it would be to read her book through the eyes of a preschool child.

This is a heart-warming story of a little boy, Harry, and his parents. It shared about how Harry draws strength from the moon when he misses his mother one cold night. 

Reading this book reminded me of the simplicity and authenticity in books for children. I could imagine that this book will be a book that will connect members of a family together through the process of sharing this story.

No comments: