Friday, December 19, 2008

Passing forward a good will



I am thankful for the goodwill and kindness that others have showered on me. All these goodwill and kindness are constant reminders for me to count my blessings, and to continue to pass the goodwill forward to people around me. Perhaps one day, the world would soon be a kinder and better place?

Last month, I published two online posts related to an exhibition titled "The Legacy of Tan Kah Kee & Lee Kong Chian". The posts were:
Deeply moved by "The Legacy of Tan Kah Kee & Lee Kong Chian"
What legacy can we leave behind?

As a result of seeking permission to get photographs for my two online posts, I have got to know the Project Manager of the exhibition.

I am hereby privileged to share that she gave me a copy of Selected Manuscripts, Speeches and Letters by Lee Kong Chian, Compiled and translated by Jane Wee & Ina Zhang. Published by National Library Board Singapore. Printed in Singapore by Chung Printing.
ISBN: 978-981-08-1843-2 (pbk). There are only limited copies of this booklet, and I felt privileged to be able to have a chance to read it to get a glimpse of Lee Kong Chian's outlook on various things.

After reading this booklet, I decided that the best way to respond to the goodwill was to pass it forward so that more people could enjoy the booklet. As such, I passed the booklet through a good friend to the library of one of the non-profit organisations in Singapore. I hope somehow it would be of use to some researchers there one day.

***

By the way, The Legacy of Tan Kah Kee and Lee Kong Chian, “承前启后 继往开来:陈嘉庚与李光前” is held from 18 Jul to 31 Dec 2008, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Closed on public holidays).

Exhibition website: http://www.thelegacy.nl.sg

Venue: Level 10, National Library,
100 Victoria Street
Singapore 188064

Free admission.

Do check it out soon!

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

what you did was commendable.
i wish you many continued years of wisdom.