Friday, December 12, 2008

People to be grateful for. Part 4

This is the fourth post of this series.

***

Thank you XS.


I am grateful for your friendship, which I deeply cherish. Perhaps unknown to you, you have helped shape me to be a better friend and person. I have learnt about ways to choose and experience happiness. Thanks to your guidance and pointers.

I have also learnt that there is beauty in impermanence. The best of our friends do not have to be physically with us most of the time. I have learnt from the years that we have lost contact with each other, that true friendship can withstand the tests of time, emerging stronger with time. I am deeply grateful for having gotten in touch with you, even if it may just for a while, as I could finally experience for myself that our friendship is strong enough to withstand the tests of time. Appreciating that things are impermanent makes me learn to better cherish each moment.

There are many things I have to thank you for. I shall leave most of them unsaid. Maybe the best thank-you messages are best experienced with the heart and the soul.

Perhaps you did not realise, that my experiences of our friendship has in many ways helped me to evolve. Thank you for accepting whatever idiosyncrasies that I may have. Thank you for the intangible treasures of wisdom that you have pointed me to.

More importantly, thank you for the many precious memories you have given me.

I wish you happiness and good dreams come true. You have my blessings, wherever you are.

2 comments:

kyh said...

What a lovely tribute. Those who have you as a friend are the luckiest persons in the world. Nowadays, it's very hard to find a true friend. :)

oceanskies79 said...

kyk: Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments.

I consider myself to be very lucky to have good friends. :)