Friday, April 01, 2011

Genghis Khan: The enlightened leader and the brave warlord

Please click on the photo right above to be linked to a YouTube video of
a performance by Khan Bogd Ensemble.

My recent visit to the ArtScience Museum brings me to learn more about Genghis Khan, one of the world's great leaders. In addition, I was captivated very much by the performances by the Khan Bogd Ensemble which brought to me beautiful music from Mongolia.

Many thanks to Shaun from the National Heritage Board and the ArtScience Museum  for the invitation. Many thanks to our wonderful host in Wendy from the ArtScience Museum too. It was a memorable experience.

Please read the post on my visit to Genghis Khan - The exhibition.This exhibition ends on 10 Apr 2011, so catch it soon if you are interested.

4 comments:

Jammie J. said...

I love that you get out and go so many places. I feel well traveled thanks to your reviews and photographs. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Dear Jammie, sending you hugs and care. You are most welcome. :)

kyh said...

Genghis Khan was great no doubt, but he was also one of the most brutal warlords. He shed more innocent blood than any other warrior in history, i supposed.

oceanskies79 said...

kyh: That I would not disagree with you. Maybe that was why the empire did not last long? (although I think it was due to other reasons not related to his brutality.)