Journey to Vienna
By NUS Symphony Orchestra
Date: 30 Jun 2013 (Sun)
Time: 8.00 p.m.
Venue: Stephen Riady Centre, Auditorium 2, University Town, NUS.
Tickets at $10 each. To order the tickets, please approach any member of the NUS Symphony Orchestra or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The NUS University Town, or UTown for short, is designed for the entire NUS community. The Stephen Riady Centre where Auditorium 2 is located offers a range of sports, educational and performing arts facilities.
Many of my friends have asked for directions to get to the Stephen Riady Centre, University Town, NUS. Here's a map with directions to the NUS UTown Stephen Riady Centre, Auditorium 2. The directions for friends and supporters who are driving are fairly clear, so please refer to this map.
Directions to Stephen Riady Centre, Auditorium 2 via public transport:
As the concert is held on a Sunday night, I will suggest that friends, supporters and members of the audience who are coming by public transport could consider enter University Town via the Dover Road entrance. Although there is a discreet entrance with the shortest walking distance to the Stephen Riady Centre via Clementi Road as we can see from the map, some members of the audience may find the street lights relatively dim to find their way around, so I shall suggest the use of the Dover Road entrance.
I am personally not in favour of using the College Link wall to go to Stephen Riady Centre because shuttle services in NUS on a Sunday night is relatively infrequent. The frequency is one bus every 30 minutes for Bus D2 (refer to NUS shuttle bus services guide).
Here are my suggestions:
1) Take MRT and alight at Buona Vista MRT station.
2) From opposite Buona Vista MRT station, next to the MOE Building, take bus service number 196 towards Clementi bus Interchange. The journey will take about 10 minutes, and there will be 6 stops along the way before reaching the designated bus-stop.
3) Alight at bus-stop #19059. It is opposite the New Town Secondary School.
4) You will see a glimpse of the University Town, NUS.
5) Walk on the pedestrian foot-way that is somewhat parallel to the construction site to get to Stephen Riady Centre. The walk will take about 10 - 15 minutes depending on your pace. Along the way, if you see anyone, you may choose to say 'hello' to the strangers that you would see. The NUS community is generally friendly and you can also asks for verification that you are walking in the right direction.
6) Before reaching the Stephen Riady Centre, you will pass by the Education Resource Centre. There is a 24-hours Starbucks Coffee outlet at the Education Resource Centre. If you do not need a drink from Starbucks Coffee, continue walking ahead. You will see the Yale-NUS College under construction. After that, you will see the Stephen Riady Centre about less than 1 minute walk away.
|On the left of this photo: Education Resource Centre. University Town, NUS.|
On the right of this photo: Yale-NUS College under construction.
In the middle of the horizon: Stephen Riady Centre.
7) When you are at Stephen Riady Centre, find your way to the first level (i.e. ground level) either via the stairways or the lifts. Auditorium 2 is located nearby NTUC Express, Fortune Village and the Dance Studio.
|Stephen Riady Centre.|
|Facilities nearby Auditorium 2, Stephen Riady Centre. University Town, NUS.|
|Entrance to Auditorium 2, Stephen Riady Centre. University Town, NUS.|
|Stephen Riady Centre.|