Saturday, September 18, 2004

Bach Unacompanied Cello Suites, performed on Double Bass

As I am typing this blog, I am listening to Bach's Unaccompanied Cello Suites, performed by Edgar Meyer, on the Double Bass.

How I wish I could play as good as him, or my double bass tutor.

I play the double bass, for your information. I cannot call myself a professional player. Could I say I play the double bass as a hobby, out of my love for music-making? One of the greatest joys of playing the double bass is when I work with other musicians to present a work of music. I enjoy listening to how different instruments relate with one another, and with the double bass.

To reach my goal of playing the double bass as good as a professional player, I shall find time out of my schedule to practise scales more often, play more studies, and if possible, find a tutor to help me brush up on my aural skills and theory knowledge. Please give me your encouragement and support. Thanks in advance.

No comments: