Friday, September 17, 2004

Review: The Art of Possibility

For ardent readers, I certainly hope you might somehow find this post to be useful. I am making a humble attempt to write a book review. If I succeed, please rejoice with me. If I don't, please give me your kind patience.

Book Review:
Title: The Art of Possibility
Authors: Rosamund Stone Zander & Benjamin Zander
Publisher: Harvard Business School Press. Boston, Massachusetts.

In short, I could say that this is quite an interesting book. For those of you who enjoy anecdotes, you will grow to like this book. Benjamin is an orchestra conductor, and Rosamund is a family therapist & landscape painter, and they both contributed interesting anecdotes to illustrate the different creative practices that could guide one to live a life of greater possibility and fulfillment.
For me, it has been a joy to read this book. The style of writing is fun, spontaneous, and with a wise sense of humour.

Here are some of the chapters from the book which I find interesting: Being a Contribution, Rule Number 6, Lighting a Spark, Being the Board, Creating Frameworks for Possibility.

If you were to prefer a technical, conventional style of writing, you may need some time to grow to like its style of writing. I could share that the more I read the book, the more I find it a joy to read. Enjoy. If you believe me enough to pick up this book.

No comments: