Thursday, May 17, 2007

Food Tag

I have been tagged by Simple America's food tag.

**Start Copy**

Proposition: What is your favorite food in your state or country?

Requirements: Find some info about the food and show delicious pictures of it?

Thunder Tea Rice

There are so many good food around in Singapore, I find it pretty hard to narrow down my options to one favourite food. In the end, I settled for the Thunder Tea Rice. Firstly, I like the brown-rice version of it that is sold at a stall at China Square. Brown-rice is yummy when nicely cooked. Secondly, I think it is a healthy and simple dish. I yearn for a healthier and simpler life. Thirdly, I like the nice fragrance and taste of the basil and mint that are added to the Thunder Tea. Fourth reason being that it is relatively an affordable dish. It's a value-for-money food for those who wants to practise wise money management and wants a healthier diet.

I have written a post on it previously, so please refer to Eating Well: Thunder Tea Rice if you would like more information about this food.

I don't wish to tag anyone. For anyone of you who are interested in more good food, here are a list of people who have written about some delicious food that they like:

Simple America
loves cheese enchiladas
Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia
JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow
My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak
Monterssorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun
Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee
Peimun
Leah loves Hakka Lei Cha
Jonamum
Karen loves Pan Mee.
Something about Lai loves Crispy duck skin from China

5 comments:

Leah said...

Thunder? You mean as in "lei".
Are you Hakka? Actually, "lei" is not thunder, it is grind/pound.:-)

雷- thunder
擂 - grind/pound.

But, ppl also said Hakka are like thunder(loud) :-)

eastcoastlife said...

PY,
I have heard about it but have not tried this Hakka dish. I thought it has a bitter taste. Dun fancy it.

may said...

oooh, this is what they call "lui char" in Cantonese! a really nice Hakka dish. love the veges. funny though, the soup is supposed to be the best part, but I don't like that as much... just the veges!

oceanskies79 said...

Leah: I am a Hainanese. Ah..."Thunder" tea rice was the name the shop gave to the dish. I think it might be for the impact of the word??

Eastcoastlife: Actually, the dish is not bitter, but it does not taste like fine-dinning food. But strangely, once I've got used to eating it, I like its simple, no-frill taste.

May: Vegetables is good. I like the soup too. :)

Simple American said...

Thank you PY for doing this meme. I know you get to eat so much good food.

Thunder Rice sounds quite nice. And with brwn rice I could eat that on my diet. No more white rice for me.