Monday, July 11, 2011

10 May 2011: Sydney Wildlife World

10 May 2011 (Tue):

When I was getting the tickets for the Magistic Cruisesmart, the staff who was attending to me asked if I had visited the Sydney Wildlife World and the Sydney Aquarium. He said that these two attractions have one of the highest admission prices among the various participating attractions. His remarks led me to decide to visit the Sydney Wildlife World even though I was rather ambivalent whether to do so earlier that day.

Once again, the See Sydney Attractions Pass came in handy. Usually, the admission to the Sydney Wildlife World would be AUS$34.95. Pass holders could enter for free!



This section on butterflies caught my eyes.
I arrived at the Sydney Wildlife World at about 4 p.m. and with limited time left before its closing hours for the day, I could only browse through most of the exhibits.

I do not have a liking for reptiles. Nevertheless, this section  on how the sex of a crocodile is determined by the temperature that it was incubated at caught my attention.

Kangaroos.

At the Sydney Wildlife World, I found myself being attracted to the koala bears, the wollabies and the wombats. I also enjoyed learning about bees. However, I did not like to learn about animals in an enclosed and indoor environment. As such, I do not think I would visit Sydney Wildlife World any time soon. I would prefer to visit the Taronga Zoo to the Sydney Wildlife World if I were in Sydney.

Then again, perhaps people who like to view animals in an indoor environment would enjoy the Sydney Wildlife World better?


Sydney Wildlife World
Aquarium Pier, Darling Harbour, Sydney
http://www.wildlifesydney.com.au/
http://sydneywildlifeworld.myfun.com.au/
Tel: (+61) 2 9333 9288


Please also see: My visit to Sydney, May 2011
All the photos on this post were taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera

No comments: