Sunday, February 03, 2013

Read: A New Earth

Source: Amazon.com
Title: A New Earth
Author: Eckhart Tolle
Publisher: Penguin Books (2005)

One of my friends had recommended this title to me sometime last year, and somehow, I decided to follow-up with the recommendations, borrowed this title from the library, and read it.

In this book, the author, Eckhart Tolle, stated that the main purpose of this book is to bring about a shift in consciousness, i.e. to awaken. It is intended to change the reader's state of consciousness. This idea of "bring about a shift in consciousness" is rather profound that I have to salute the author for illuminating such a profound concept in a clear and accessible way. This book reminded me of that "the joy of Being is the joy of being conscious".

There are many noteworthy quotes from this book. There is a compilation of the quotations here: http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2567181-a-new-earth-awakening-to-your-life-s-purpose. One of my favourite quotations is:
“Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” 
― Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

To learn more about the teachings of Eckhart, it will be helpful to check out this website: http://www.eckharttolle.com/books/newearth/

I am glad that I had read the book. Many thanks to my friend who had recommended the book. This is one of the books that I would be happy to receive as a gift. Perhaps I shall get this book as a gift to myself in the future to come.

I hope to get to read other books by Eckhart Tolle, especially The Power of Now.

No comments: