Saturday, August 10, 2013

Read: Manuscript found in Accra



Title: Manuscript found in Accra
Author: Paulo Coelho
Publisher: HarperCollinsPublishers


This book is considered a gift from a friend. I decided to choose this book because I was eager to read Paulo Coelho's latest book. Although I had bought this book in May this year, I had only started to read this book in July.

Compared to Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist and Aleph, the element of story-telling in this book is considerably of less importance. While there is a story that weaves through the book, the plot was rather plain. I have found that the focus of Manuscript found in Accra was in sharing a record of the human values that have endured throughout time based on what were answers made by a wise man many centuries before our time. Essentially, this book is more like a book of quotable quotes to me.

There are several noteworthy quotes. The book seemed rather deep for me to appreciate its fine nuances fully. I would do it greater justice to re-read it several times.

In the meantime, this is a link to a review of this book on Reuters: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Books/AuthorsCorner/Paulo-Coelho-brings-timeless-ideas-to-new-novel-Manuscript-Found-in-Accra/Article1-1043891.aspx

No comments: