Saturday, June 04, 2016

29 May 2015: Reached New York City



29 Jun 2015: I took the 11.30 a.m. BoltBus service from Boston South Station to New York

City and reached New York City at about 4 p.m. The terminating point was at W 33rd Street and 11-12th Ave.

Here is a post to share about an incident of kindness that I had received on my first day in New York City. I had dinner at a MacDonalds outlet at W 34 Street and 10 Ave. I met two ladies who had visited Singapore recently. I asked them for directions to the hostel that I would be heading for. They not only gave me directions to the hostel, they gave me coins so that I have enough coins to take the bus to the hostel.

I learnt that in New York City, it helps to either use the MetroCard or have enough coins to get around the city. I am thankful for the generosity and kindness from the two ladies whom I had met at the MacDonalds outlet.




No comments: