Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9 May 2011: The lucky rainbow that I saw

The rainbow that I saw with my mother on 9 May 2011.

9 May 2011 (Mon): That afternoon, before the start of a rain, I caught a glimpse of a lucky rainbow while I was near Circular Quay.

Thinking about this rainbow, I am feeling very grateful that I have had the good luck to capture this sight on digital film. The rainbow last for no more than five minutes and I suppose it was great fortune to have seen and recorded it.

The weather has been extremely kind to me and my mother. Generally, it had been great weather throughout our trip and we had only encountered one occurrence of rainfall during our entire visit to Sydney this autumn (May 2011).  Thankfully, I would like to think that the purpose of the rain was to help me earn the good luck to catch the sight of a beautiful rainbow.

When I saw the rainbow from nearby Circular Quay, I was reminded of the rainbow that one of my friends and I had seen a few years ago on a ferry ride to Circular Quay. Perhaps life on both occasions was giving me assuring and encouraging signals for whatever may lie ahead.



As such, it is with gratitude that I share my rainbow sightings with you. May this help you count the blessings that life has been gently bestowing you with each and every day. Best wishes!


The first photo on this post was taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera.

2 comments:

Jammie J. said...

That is a spectacular rainbow. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Jammie: It was! Thanks for visiting. :)