Thursday, June 02, 2011

Read: Stephanie Dowrick's The Almost-Perfect Marriage



Author: Stephanie Dowrick
Title: The Almost Perfect Marriage: one-minute relationship skills
Publisher: Allen and Unwin

Ever since I had first read Stephanie Dowrick's book, Choosing Happiness, about two years ago, she has became one of the authors whose books I would read even if the subject matter is not at all relevant to me yet. Her writings radiate her values and her vision, and I have found her writings to be comforting and inspiring.

It was natural that when I came across another book by Stephanie Dowrick at the library, I knew it was the book to borrow and to read. This book is a compilation of quotes and wise suggestions for better relationships and the almost-perfect marriage.

Perhaps this quote from the book in much ways sum up the core element that will make a marriage almost perfect.

”It’s not age, sexuality, wealth, religion or culture that will determine the success of your relationship. It is your willingness to discover what love truly means.”

No comments: