Monday, July 09, 2012

23 May 2012: Nourishing dinner at Dae Jang Kum

A nourishing dinner at Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant.

Our body possibly know instinctively what food will be good to heal and to nourish to us. Somehow, my craving led me to Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant at 35 - 37 Goulburn Street when I was deciding on a place for dinner one fine evening when I was in Sydney.

Somehow, my body was asking for some food that could aid digestion and ease the feeling of being bloated along the digestive tracks. I spoke to one of the waiters of the restaurant, and he recommended me the soy bean paste soup which was said to aid in digestion.

Five free-side dishes. I love the taste of the side-dishes!

It turned out to be a nourishing and perfect choice for me that evening when I ordered the soy bean paste soup with beef. This was AUD$12 and it came with five free side-dishes and a bowl of rice! I also ordered a cup of corn tea which was AUD$2 per cup. The soy bean paste soup did its wonders in easing the feeling indigestion that had bothered me since the late afternoon. I felt very grateful to the waiter for his recommendations and made a point to thank him and to give a tip before I left.


***
Just before I ordered dinner, one of my friends, FH, gave me a phone call to ask if I would be free for dinner together. I felt thankful for her thoughtful kindness even though it looked like we had to meet for dinner on another day.


***
As I sat to enjoy the dinner, I also fondly remember some of the previous times when I had met up with friends for various dinners at Korean restaurants in Sydney. Perhaps those fond memories anchor a sense of nostalgia in me whenever I visit a Korean restaurant in Sydney?

After the dinner, I headed for a leisure stroll along the Darling Harbour and marvelled at the beautiful views of the harbour. I felt thankful for a lovely night.

***
Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant
35 - 37 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: 61-2-9211-0890
http://www.daejangkum.com.au

***
Related posts:
17 Nov 2010: The Evening at Darling Harbour
21 Nov 2010: Darling Harbour and the rest of the day
14 Sep 2008: Darling Harbour and nearby
10 May 2011: Sydney Wildlife World
10 May 2011: Sydney Aquarium

***
Also visit: Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired.

No comments: