Sunday, March 05, 2006

The agony of shopping

It was hard to convince oneself to be out when one isn't feeling that well today. My throat felt rather sore this morning. For lunch, I have made deliberate attempts to eat more servings of vegetables. I hope that would help boost my body's immunity up.

After lunch, I headed for the East part of Singapore to get an accessory for the double bass. I did not have much problems shopping around for double bass stuff. Yet I do find myself feeling agonized shopping for clothes. If you could some patience, I would overwhelm you with my agony later in this post.

I had went to the music shop where I had bought my husband, the double bass. The purpose was to find out if the end-pin could be taken off the instrument. I am hoping to put a double bass wheel onto my instrument whenever I need to move it about. In order to do so, I would have to take off the end-pin and replace it with the wheel.

Now the problem is that I suspect that in order to help prevent the accidental loss of the end-pin, the end-pin on my instrument was made in such a way that it cannot be removed even when I unscrew the screw of the end-pin unit. At the back of my mind, I would like a suitable wheel to fit my instrument. To do so, I have to remove the end-pin. Otherwise, I would have to consider buying a double bass case (preferably light enough) with wheels on it. Wheel or case, the idea is to help make transporting the double bass about places easier and more effortless. I hope I could resolve the issue of transporting my instrument about somehow.

***
After I have purchased the double bass accessory, the time was too early for me to return home. I must have wanted to run away from the noises from the construction site nearby my home that I just wanted to be out.

I ended up at Marina Square Shopping Mall. Since I needed a pair of trousers, I decided I shall check out the stores. It felt like an agony. If not for the necessity of getting a pair of trousers, I might have just walked out of one of the stores halfway in my selection. First of all, I have to find something which is made of a material that I won't mind wearing. Next, I have to find something that looked good on me. Then, I would have to make sure that it fit me. I almost wanted to cry in the process of shopping for clothes.

Furthermore, I was tempted by the promotion (if I were to buy two pairs of trousers, I would get 50% off the second pair) to get a second pair. That meant that I have to go through the entire process not once, but twice! Furthermore, I find it hard to be decisive about what would make a good buy. I wonder why some ladies would think that shopping is a form of therapy. At least, it is not quite the case for me. Shopping for clothings seem to be more a necessity. While I was making my selection, I had wished that I had a friend with me. But that idea was almost immediately dismissed, I might have just overwhelm any potential company with my feelings of agony.

I think I might have not been so overwhelmed with the task of making my selection of clothings if the shop were to play classical music. Classical music seems to soothe my mind, and helped me be less indecisive. However, I suspect it would be rare to find shops that play my preferred kind of music in this society that I live in.

In addition to shops playing classical music, I like shops with good air ventilation and generally peaceful ambience. These seem rare to find? But these might help me feel better from the agony of shopping.

1 comment:

Emy said...

everything u said above,
and you can also change ur endpin.

ive spoken to our teacher. he says the bass is a good buy. im really considering... =)