Thursday, March 09, 2006

Progressing to Second Inversions of Triads

This evening is music theory day.

**
Prior to the lesson, I realised that my younger brother and his team members were competing in the Cheerobics Finals at Toa Payoh HDB Hub. As such, I stayed nearby the competition venue to have dinner while watching the competition. I did not manage to get a good view from where I was, but at least I have got some glimpses of what was going on. Toa Payoh HDB Hub was full of people today, and whatever good spaces seemed to be taken up already. Last year, I had managed to get a better view.

I did not get to know the results of the competition as I needed to attended the music theory lessons by the time all the groups in the open category had performed their items. I wonder who has won?

Perhaps what is more important than winning is the fostering of teamwork and challenging oneself to greater heights. A competition is simply a game, where the rule sets that there could only be a set number of winners. In life, the game may be different. Winning could take on a different definition. Instead of being compared against others, one is compared against oneself?

Meantime, good work brother! I know you have put your heart and soul into this.

**

Anyway, I have progressed on to study the Second Inversion of Triads for today's music theory lessons. It seems that I have been spending most of my music theory lessons studying the subject of harmony.

When I was studying the chapter on Second Inversions of Triads on my own, it just seem so puzzling. I almost felt like giving up halfway, when I was studying on my own. However, with the help of the tutor, what had seemed so confusing has started to make some sense. Hopefully, I can start to apply what I have learnt about harmony onto the repertoires that I will be playing.

1 comment:

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks for being there SA. May you get closer to where you would like to be.