Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Learning can be delightful

I am feeling awfully sick now. It is that feeling where one feels like throwing up, but has nothing to throw up. Nausea? I don't know. It may seem wrong to attribute this feeling to me being car-sick after the taxi-ride back home.

8 Mar 06 would probably end in a dreadful way for me, but I love those delightful moments found within. This evening, I had lessons with my double bass tutor. He seemed rather tired today, I hope he is alright? Whatever it was, his lesson was still enjoyable and inspiring.

Learning can be fun. I went through Marcello's Sonata in G minor (Transcribed for the double bass) this evening, and I was interpreting it in a way that I have never done before. Yet, the interpretation sounded nice, except for my not-so-prefect intonation.

In addition, I love the part whereby my tutor guided me to do a vibrato on this F note on the double bass' G string. That felt as if it was one of the best vibrato that I have done on that particular note ever since I have started playing the double bass.

A pity that I shalln't write more. A general sense of lethargy is now urging me to enter Dreamland soon. Good night.

4 comments:

pinkie said...

be well soon :)

Jammie J. said...

Ohhh, I'm so sorry you're feeling ill. I hope you're able to drink water. Sip it, at least. (hugs)

mistipurple said...

SA could be right. it might be the antibiotics. probably either too little food before medication, it does that to me too. (but that does not mean you must eat too much also.)

oceanskies79 said...

Oh. I didn't know that I must eat enough food before taking anitbiotics. I had thought that eating something beforehand was sufficient.

That could explain. Yesterday, I didn't eat much before eating the antibiotics.