Sunday, December 02, 2007

Week 48 of year 2007 on the double bass

25 Nov 2007, Sun: I practised the 2nd movement of Eccles' Sonata in g minor to work on the intonation.

28 Nov 2007, Wed: I spent some time playing pieces from Hartley's Double Bass Solo 1. The intention was to have some fun on the double bass and gets my fingers working.

29 Nov 2007, Thu: The practices for the week seem to be largely short ones. Perhaps the short practice sessions are my ways to stay focused despite the general physical fatigue. There was no double bass lesson for this Thursday. In the night, I took some time to practise selected sections from the first movement of Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major.

1 Dec 2007, Sat: I worked on sight-reading a study from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. I shall do more of such sight-reading studies. Afterwhich, time was spent practising Eccles' Sonata in g minor. I would still need to work on the expression and the intonation.

**
More practising to go.

No comments: