Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week 52 of year 2007 on the double bass

It is the final week of the year!

23 Dec 2007, Sun: I practised selected passages from Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major. I also played excerpts from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. Although I had attempted the first double bass parts from Doc Solomon's Sentimental Bossa, I gave it a miss after several bars of playing. A dark spell seems lurking?

24 Dec 2007, Mon: I managed to find a copy of the double bass parts for Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, and I attempted to play through most of the symphony. I spent time practising the more challenging parts.

25 Dec 2007, Tue: I practised the first movement from Dittersdorf's Concerto in E major, Eccles' Sonata in g minor and selected passages from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

26 Dec 2007, Wed: A rather unfocused day of practice. I went about practising selected passages from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

28 Dec 2007, Fri: Orchestra rehearsal in the evening. We rehearsed Beethoven's Fifth Symphony and Stravinsky's Firebird.

**
Looking back, for the past 52 weeks of the year 2007, except for Week 45 when I took a break, I have been practising at least 4 days per week. For each of the days that I have practised on the double bass, I have practised for at least 15 minutes.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

consistent practice is good. i used to follow a timetable during those days too. scales alone were a killer.