Sunday, December 23, 2007

Week 51 of year 2007 on the double bass

16 Dec 2007, Sun: I practised the first movement of Eccles'Sonata in g minor. I need to be more focused for the practice, I think.

Afterwhich, I attempted to play excerpts from Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 where the double bass parts are pretty challenging. Needing more practice.

18 Dec 2007,Tue: I practised Pachelbel's Canon in D Major scored for the double bass ensemble. I felt I was ventilating through the double bass, though I fear that the intonation needs to be more focused.

20 Dec 2007, Thu: For the day, I practised excerpts from Beethoven's Symphony No. 5. Afterwhich, I practised the first and second movement of Eccles'Sonata in g minor, and selected passages from Dittersdorf's Concerto in E Major.

21 Dec 2007, Fri: In the night, I practised much of the first movement from Keyper's Romance and Rondo focusing on securing a steady tempo and a focused intonation. More practice needed when making shifts from one position to another.

No comments: